June 4-8 Chad and I went to Playa Del Carmen Mexico for Chad's brother's wedding. The resort was beautiful. Chad and I got were to the resort by 1:30 on June 4th so we had most of the day to enjoy the beach and the pool. Everyone else was there by the evening hours. Unfortunately the floors there are all marble and extremely slippery. Chad ended up falling and cracking his head open...... we spent 9 hrs. in a Mexican hospital. Chad ended up with 12 stitches, they did a head ct since this was his second head injury and he cracked his head down to the skull, and they kept him for observation. The doctor's there were wonderful and thankfully spoke English, I can't say that about the nurses, they were worthless. After the 9 hrs. in the hospital, we finally got back to the resort. We took showers and went and grabbed lunch, than we went to take a nap. I was exhausted, as I had not slept in over 34 hrs. We napped, and both woke up a couple hrs. later completely drenched in sweat......our air conditioner was not working. To make a long story short, they sent maintenance to our room 4 different times, and finally got our air conditioner working Sunday night. Monday was the day of the wedding. We enjoyed time in the pool in the morning and then went and got ready in the afternoon. The wedding was at 4:00 on the beach. It was very beautiful; hot, but beautiful. After the wedding there was a reception and dance until 10:00. After the reception we went to a bar until 11:00 and then Chad and I went back to our room to get some sleep, our shuttle came and got us at 9 a.m. to take us to the airport. We landed in Moline at 8:45 p.m. and finally got home at 10:30 p.m. It was a great resort, and Chad and I both agreed we would go back under different circumstances. I missed my kids terribly, I hadn't ever been away from them that long. It was kind of sad leaving Mexico, but I was also thrilled to be home.

The view from our balcony, right into the main pool


Our Room


Chad, Me, and Steve

Chad and Me

Aunt Vonda, Mickey, Michelle, Me

Chad

Sarah and Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment