Monday, June 2, 2008

The Weekend

This weekend was a busy one for us. Chad had his cousin's wedding in Michigan and I had my friend Michele's wedding in Cedar Rapids. Friday night Kaylin and I headed to Bennett to my sister Julie's house. Julie babysat her while I went to the rehearsal dinner. Kaylin and I both stayed at Julie's Friday night. Saturday, I got up, played with Kaylin a bit and hit the road to leave for Cedar Rapids at 9:30 am. Kaylin spent the day with Julie, Craig, Alishia and Jenna and then came to the wedding with them. After the wedding the wedding party got in a Hummer stretch limo and headed off to Kinnick Staduim for pictures on the football field. Kaylin went to the reception with Julie and Craig. After the pictures we left for the reception, where I said good-bye for the night to Kaylin. We spent our very first night away from each other, with her staying at Julie and Craig's; and my niece Alishia and I staying at the Hampton Inn. We surprisingly both survived (: Here are just a few pictures. On Sunday, we spent most of the day at Julie and Craig's and then made a quick trip home to pick up Chad and we headed off to my nephew Justin's birthday party. It was a very busy, exhausting weekend, but it was a lot of fun.


Michele and Jared on the football field


Michele, Jami and I.
These girls and I have been friends since elementary school.


Kaylin happy to see her mommy at the reception



After the ceremony.
Kaylin wouldn't look up because of the bright sun!

No comments: